Italy is not only where Michelangelo and Raffaello were born or where Ferrari and Vespa were invented. It is not only the best place to find good food, fantastic wine and nice clothes. Italy is also a wonderful family destination. And there are at least 5 reasons why you should visit this marvellous country together with your kids:
- It is a place where outdoor activities are a must: whether it is a sunny beach, a lake, a national park or a small square in a traditional village, you will always find a nice spot where you can relax watching your children playing in the sun.
- If travelling means educating about diversity, Italy is the ultimate family destination. You don’t need planes or long car trips to enjoy a perfect and well-mixed vacation: within short distances, you will be able to enjoy seaside, countryside, lakes, villages and ancient cities. In a few days, you can experience and see so many different places, all in one country. This is Italy!
- Every single Italian region is a small history book. Wherever you go, you will always find archaeological sites, Romanesque or Gothic cathedrals, and masterpieces from the Renaissance and Baroque era. Isn’t it just great that your kids can learn history, art and geography by travelling and experiencing things themselves?
- Food will never be a problem and you will always find something suitable for the whole family. Italians love to cook with fresh ingredients and can prepare pasta in thousands of different ways! At the end of the day, pizza and spaghetti bolognese were invented here! And there is no other place in the world where you can taste them better.
- The Italian sense of family is well-known all over the world. It is not a case that “Mamma mia!” (literally my mom) is one of our most famous expressions, as you will quickly learn. If you choose to visit small villages and destinations out of the most beaten tracks, you will easily fall in love with the true “Italian lifestyle“. And once back home, you will surely miss it!
However, not all the attractions, destinations and venues in Italy are family-friendly.
Our blog Tips 4 Italian Trips has been launched with this specific purpose in mind: to help you choose the most exciting places to be visited together with your children, to suggest the most memorable experiences to be lived with the whole family, to give you precious suggestions on destinations, facilities, venues, hotels and restaurants where younger guests are carefully taken care of.
And, from time to time, we will also give you a few hints on special places that can be a real treat just for mom and dad… because a little romantic escape, every now and then, doesn’t hurt… does it?
So… are you ready? Sit back, relax and just… enjoy Italy with your kids!